|The details…||In partnership with the Harambee Great Neighborhoods Initiative, LISC-Milwaukee, and the Martin Luther King Economic Development Corporation, ArtWorks for Milwaukee is hosting a Gallery Night event on Friday, January 15, 2010 in the Harambee neighborhood.
In addition to featuring art work created by ArtWorks youth apprentices and their Lead Artists, we are seeking to highlight the work of 3 different “up & coming” original Artists and/or Crafters who have strong ties to the Harambee Great Neighborhood. The purpose of this Gallery Night event is to support the development of artists as well as the development of the Harambee neighborhood through art.
In exchange for your participation in our event, we will require you to sign off on an agreement that will detail all expectations and details involved with your exhibit in the event. All income earned from the sale of your art work is yours to keep.
In order to be considered:
1) You must have strong ties to the Harambee Neighborhood
+ A map of the neighborhood is included on the second page of this posting
2) You must present work that is appropriate for sale to the general public, including children
3) You must submit the following materials no later than 12:00 PM Friday, December 18, 2009:
· + A CD with .jpeg formatted images of the items you’d like to exhibit at the event
· + If you do not have images available of your work, you must contact Nannette Smith at (414) 704-2410 to schedule an appointment in advance of the December 18th deadline for an in-person review of your work.
· + A short written explanation of each item you’d like to exhibit
· + Biographical information about you, the artist
· + A short but detailed explanation of your strong ties to the Harambee Great Neighborhood
Please submit all materials to:
Harambee Great Neighborhood Initiative
Attn: Nannette Smith
2772 N. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53212
All questions should be directed to:
Meghan Koven, Executive Director
ArtWorks for Milwaukee, Inc.
|Contact name:||Meghan Koven|