TO: All MIAD Faculty and Staff
RE: Art History Capstone Event at Milwaukee Art Museum, Friday, April 24
You are invited to attend the 5th annual Art History Capstone event to be held at the Milwaukee Art Museum’s Lubar Auditorium from 3:00 – 4:30 on Friday, April 24.
Our foundations art history students have been spending a good portion of their semester conducting observations and research on one specific work from the collection of the Chicago Art Institute. This study resulted in presentations in the 6 sections of the course, with the best of each section is being selected by students and instructors this week. A culmination of the 9 finalist’s presentations will take place in the MAM Lubar Auditorium on Friday. The below panel judges have graciously agreed to select 3 prize-winning presentations, with a grand prize going to the top pick. There will be one award selection by all AH151 students as well.
• Richard Leson, Professor of Medieval Art History, UWM
• Amy Cropper, Art Department Chair, Carroll University, Waukesha, WI
• Phil Belair, Professor and former Department Chair of 2D Design, MIAD
• Geraldine Wind, Professor Emerita of Art History, Mount Mary College, Milwaukee
• Uriah Fracassi, MIAD Graduating Senior and Former Capstone presenter, 2012
MIAD’s continuing collaboration with the Milwaukee Art Museum provides rich and insightful learning moments, like this one. We hope to have you join this year’s foundations art history students and faculty in celebrating this exciting capstone experience.
Jim Slauson, Chris Sczcesny-Adams
MIAD Liberal Studies/Art History