2019 has been an extraordinary year for MIAD and its students. Take a look back at a few of their accomplishments as we head into the summer.
1. MIAD Innovation Center launches. In Fall 2018, the college launched the MIAD Innovation Center, which combines technology and students’ creativity to design solutions for Milwaukee business and nonprofits. The center also serves as an incubator to help students take their creative ideas to market and offers educational programming.
2. MIAD receives national accolades. For the fourth consecutive year, Graphic Design USA magazine named MIAD a Top Design School. MONEY magazine named MIAD a Best College for Your Money.
3. Industrial Design students help MPS kids. Through empathy and design, MIAD Industrial Design juniors created assistive devices to help MPS students at Manitoba Elementary & Middle School with special needs.
4. Printmaking Week starts strong. In the fall, students taking Arts Management brought 12 renowned artists to MIAD for a weeklong residency, when they collaborated with students and created special prints for the college.
5. Record number of designs patented at Delta. This year, Delta patented an unprecedented 10 MIAD Industrial Design student designs.