Dear Parents and Families,
I am pleased to welcome new and returning students to this fall’s MIAD education. This semester will be a historic one and we remain committed to delivering an exceptional learning experience for our students.
Faculty and staff have worked throughout the summer to prepare for a safe return to campus. It will take all members of our MIAD community participating in social distancing and wearing masks to keep one another safe and healthy. Among the ways we are encouraging safety:
- All students, staff and faculty members will receive a MIAD mask and masks are required.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the building.
- Digital, hands-free temperature checking stations are located throughout the building.
- Labs are open by appointment only.
Even though it’s not a normal semester, there are many new and exciting opportunities for our students to nurture their passion and career aspirations:
- The 4th floor has been renovated and designed to add more classrooms and student studio spaces.
- The MIAD Innovation Center has partnered with Nō Studios for free memberships for students. The center is also hosting weekly virtual meetups for the MIAD community and continues to connect students to paid professional projects with clients.
- We continue to fundraise in support of scholarships, MIAD Student Emergency Fund grants and other programs.
Thank you for your patience as we implement our fall plan and for entrusting your student’s education to us. We are excited to help further your student’s learning and career pathway.
I encourage you to check back with this blog often for tips and advice on how you can best support your student this year. Also, if you haven’t already, sign up to receive our monthly Parent Communication Program emails to stay up-to-date.